Reach Out: The Simple Strategy You Need to Expand Your Network and Increase Your Influence by Molly Beck
A practical guide to building valuable career connections―through tools you already have and people you already know.
Success in life is more than having goals and skills. You need connections. And to get connections, you need to Reach Out―fearlessly, strategically, and every day of the work week.
For many, this is a daunting and confusing task.
Reach Out shows readers how to use social media and simple digital tools to begin building and expanding the number of people they know. Author Molly Beck explains how to:
• Establish and strengthen your digital presence
• Develop career goals that Reaching Out can help you obtain
• Think strategically about who you have already met, who you could strengthen a relationship with, and who your current connections know
• Determine who to Reach Out to and push past common networking fears to do it
• Apply step-by-step instructions on how to craft email and social media messages to those you want to connect with
•Optimize your efforts by managing both your time and your inbox
The book features personal stories on networking from some of today’s top thought leaders. Studies, statistics, and real world examples illustrate the key concepts of Reaching Out. Whether you’re just starting out, changing jobs, or well-established and just eager to know more people, Reaching Out will help you turn career dreams into professional success by helping you connect with others who can put you on the fast track.