Stepping Up : How to Accelerate Your Leadership Potential by Sarah Wood
Sarah Wood, former CEO and co-founder of video ad tech company Unruly shares her breakthrough manifesto asserting the need for more diverse leaders at all levels in today’s business world
Stepping up could be about taking on your first leadership or management role. It could be about changing your career or leaving employment to start up on your own. It could be about changing the way you run a team already under your management.
Whatever your circumstances, you will face the same issues we all do: changing attitudes, changing technology and our fast-moving rollercoaster of a world. Stepping Up will inspire and equip you to understand and respond to that change and develop your ability to lead yourself and others through it.
Stepping Up is recommended reading for Build it readers wanting to go deeper on Leadership
In the book
Follow the practical five-point framework on how to step up and fulfil your ambitions:
- Vision – How to reset your rules in a complex and changing landscape
- Values – Develop your leadership mission by understanding why you want to lead
- Velocity – Invest in yourself and build the skills and capabilities of a great leader
- Votes – Invest in your team and bring together a fantastic team of people to take you on your journey
- Victories – Deliver brilliant results and ensure you can deliver on your promises
"Sarah is one of the most inspiring leaders I know, anyone wanting to become one too should read this book."
Baroness Martha Lane Fox, founder of lastminute.com, Chancellor of The Open University, Board Member of Twitter